Open Grid Scheduler
Why Open Grid Scheduler?
- Open source - while we can't change the license from SISSL to anything else, SISSL is a free and open-source license recognized by FSF (Free Software Foundation) and OSI (Open Source Initiative), and we will keep this a pure open-source project.
- Advance reservation
- Array job and Array job interdependencies
- Rule-based Resource Quota control
- Enhanced remote execution (without using external rshd/rlogind/sshd processes) - pty support for interactive jobs
- Daemons managed by SMF on Solaris and OpenSolaris
- Job Submission Verifier (client-side and server-side job verification)
- Topology-aware scheduling (node-level) and thread binding
- Hadoop integration and Amazon EC2 integration for cloud computing
- DRMAA - Job API
- Parallel make - qmake
- Job restart
- Multiple standby masters
Grid Engine is the batch system on TACC Ranger, which has 62,976 processor cores in 3,936 nodes.
- Job submission speed: over 100 jobs per second (benchmarked by Oracle).
Language API support (DRMAA)